Sunday, October 24, 2010

WOW...GOD IS GOOD

I attended my first "online worship experience" and I LOVED IT!!!  I feel more plugged into God than I have in a long, long time.  The message was spot on for me as it had to do with "DON'T GET OUT OF THE BOAT".  The pastor talked about the "meantime" in our lives.  He talked about that space of time that occurs in between no longer being where we were or who we were and not yet at the place we were meant to move to.  The "meantime" in life.  We are not a world of "meantimes".  We are a world of outcomes.  We watch the highlight reel and not the training protocol.  The message was "stay in the boat"  "stay in church"  "stay in the word" until you get there.  


I loved this experience for a couple of reasons....I am now a 21st century learner.  Not all of you are and so you have to bare with me.  I'm 50 but in so many ways I'm a product of my children and the day.  I go to school now in this type of setting.  We sign in, have the professor on our computer walking around a classroom with regular students and lecturing or asking questions.  If I want to answer, I raise my hand online by my name and I press a button and I talk.  Everyone sees and hears me but I'm in Cedar Falls and not on campus.  One of the facets that I love about this is we all "chat" during the lecture.  We just type away our thoughts and our agreements or post further questions.  Sometimes we just joke with each other on chat.  The reality is, it keeps us engaged while we are listening.  It isn't distracting for us.   The same was true for this church experience.  I could chat on the side about comments that kept me engaged.  Make connections with what the Pastor was saying and what I was feeling.  It was fabulous.


I am also a product of the 21st century in that I need ENERGY.  I need a true evangelical preacher to get my attention.  I'm really too old to say that but I've been blessed with some experiences that have developed that in me.  I need a preacher who has passion....I need a preacher who has biblical knowledge and I need a preacher who uses humor.  Today I heard a 31 year old pastor from Seattle who was preaching in this online venue and all I can say is I'm uplifted, I'm committed to staying in the boat, I prayed in a way I haven't for a long time and I wasn't distracted.  


I think that a combination of experiences may be what I look into for my spiritual needs.  I really need to belong to a church but I doubt I do that in CF because I honestly don't think I'll stay here after Rachel graduates.  But I do think that a combination of "in house" church attendance and online messages throughout the week may feed my soul that is so hungry for purpose and wisdom and faith.  The great thing about online church is you can go to it whenever you want......its like 90 times a week and there are real people there each time.  You can also watch more than one time which is a great way to get a "free refill".  


I'm jazzed right now which completely reinforces that I NEED GOD and CHURCH in my life to be fed spiritually.  My Daily Bread for my spirit has to include church.  I just don't define it the way I used to.  I just don't "settle" for the local church on the corner and feel like there is nothing I can do about it.  I am a 21st century learner and baby, the walls have come down and the pews taken out.  The "church" is everywhere and we can sign in!!!!!!!!


Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment