Sunday, October 17, 2010

Found a NEW way into Heaven

Matthew 18 1-3 "At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, “Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them and said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.


I spent the day today getting into heaven.  I know I just had my "to church or not to church" argument but then I found that possibly there is another way in and behold....Matthew 18!!!


So I drove to Carlisle and spent the afternoon with 3 teacher girlfriends who are children in their own rights (all three pregnant) and their three daughters.  These little women were infants the last time I saw them....barely walking at all but now, HOLY BUCKETS...look out.  Walking, talking and riding little Barbie bikes.  


What I can tell you about these women and their daughters is that spending time with them feeds my soul.  I love the moms and have for a long time but today I needed those little baby women.  They have become such little friends.  They share with each other, they talk to each other and you can tell that they absolutely love each other.  I'm struck by how beautiful I find them.  We all think kids are "cute" but that isn't what I'm saying.  What I'm saying is that I could actually stare at all three of their little faces for hours because I think they are absolutely beautiful....I think that innocence and that beauty is part of what God is talking about in Matthew.  It opens my heart to be with them and hear them laugh.  At one point, they were jumping on the trampoline (as much as they could jump) and they began to laugh and laugh and giggle like little girls can do and it was infectious.  I couldn't stop from laughing.


Such love they share and honesty.  I learned a lot from being with them today but mostly they just fed my soul.  Thank you to their moms for making the time for me today.  Rhonda is due with baby number 2 in two weeks; Tricia is due with baby number two in November and last but certainly not least, Abby is due with babies 2 AND 3 (yes twins) this spring.  I cannot wait!!!!!


Every child comes with the message that God is not yet discouraged of man.  ~Rabindranath Tagore


As for the church thing........I think I'm going to try this online church for awhile.  New Life Church or something.  I'll let you know how it works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment