Monday, January 2, 2012

Missing in Action

I heard from a little bird I met that she had read all of my blogs, I figured I better go back and see what I had written.  WOW, most of my entries were when I began the blog in October, 2010 and a couple in November and then I went MIA.  What's incredibly amazing to me is that I have no memory of writing most of what I read. You see, that's how it works for me.  I don't "plan" on writing, I don't  "edit" my writing...I just write and so when it is done, "it is done".  I don't know if that makes it any less authentic?  I suppose it could represent the only time that I'm truly in the moment?

Well I feel like I need to "update" some things since there was about a year when I didn't feel the need to write.
Work:  Still at the 3A school as Director of School Improvement BUT have a wonderful new superintendent that  makes me believe dreams can come true and we can get some things done.  I don't feel impotent there anymore.
Food:  Clean living is the order of the day and I'm making nutrition a priority this year.
Exercise:  Found Farrells in Cedar Falls and the most amazing people who run it and clients who use it.  I lived through the first 10 weeks of Extreme training and I've committed this year to it as well.
Spirituality:  I'm back at the Baptist church because I couldn't sustain the connection with the online version.  I need the energy of the room even if it isn't perfect.  God wired us to worship together and I'm not fighting it.
Love:  Single again and most likely remaining that way.  Because I am a caretaker by nature, I draw men to me who need to be cared for or desire that in a woman.  I don't have it to give right now.  I want to give it to myself.  I have lots going on with a senior and a sophomore and its their time.  I also am moving further and further away from wanting to attach my kids and myself to someone else, something else.  The idea of kids who are grown that I didn't raise, the complications of others' divorces is not appealing to me at this time.  I don't think it was an accident that my two year love affair with my younger man came with no tangible baggage.
I'm also finishing my ESL endorsement (class every Wed this spring at Iowa) and also started my second Master's (one full Saturday a month on site and loads of work in between), so I'm busy.

These are the things I'll write more about as time goes on.  I need to reflect this year.  I need to open up to hear God's spirit and voice.  I need to pay attention because I'm sure he has a plan for me and I want to be faithful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment